By Katie Vorderstrasse

The Zeta Delta sorority is hosting their first Thanksgiving Dinner Nov. 20 in the cafeteria on the Southwestern College campus. The doors will open at 7 p.m. and they will begin serving food at 7:30 p.m. “I’m most looking forward to getting everyone together from the fraternity, and everyone else,” said Jessica McIver, psychology junior.

This event will join together Phi Delta Theta and other students on campus. “This event will help build relationships by bringing us all together,” said Anastasia Prokopis, business junior.

The menu consists of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and green beans prepared by Sodexo. There is no admission charge. “The food will be pretty good because Sodexo is preparing it,” said Aushia Stump, health and physical education freshman.

A sign in the Java Jinx provides more information about the event. It is preferable that you RSVP by Nov. 11.

Zeta Delta participates in numerous community service events. This will be their first time doing non-community work. Stump said, “I’m the life of the party, so it will be exciting.”

The next event for this organization will be community service where they will be ringing the bell for the Salvation Army at the local Wal-Mart after Thanksgiving break.

Katie Vorderstrasse is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at katie.vorderstrasse@sckans.edu.