Joseph Yeisley has been named head men’s soccer coach at Southwestern College.

“We are very excited to name Joseph as the head men’s soccer coach at Southwestern College,” said director of athletics Dave Denly. “He has shown a level of enthusiasm and a work ethic that will be a very nice fit within the athletic department at Southwestern. I am excited to see the steps our soccer program will make as we move towards competing at a high level inside Richard L. Jantz Stadium in the near future.”

Yeisley, a native of Oklahoma, graduated from Catoosa High School in 2004. While at Catoosa he played basketball and soccer, where he helped the school win its first and only soccer state championship. After high school, Yeisley played both collegiate basketball and soccer before settling on soccer. In his collegiate soccer career, he was a two-time All Regional selection, a two-time academic All-American, and a three year captain. Yeisley graduated in 2008 with a bachelor degree in business administration and was valedictorian of his graduating class at Mid-America Christian University in Oklahoma City. Yeisley also holds a masters degree in business administration from Southwestern College, and has been assistant soccer coach here for two years.

Before coming to Southwestern, Yeisley served as a coach for the Norman North High School girls’ soccer team in Norman, Okla., leading the team to a state tournament appearance. Yeisley also holds a USSF “C” National Coaching License.

Yeisley resides in Winfield and is married to Katie (Timmer) Yeisley, a Southwestern graduate. In addition to his role as head soccer coach, Yeisley also serves as resident director of Wallingford Hall.

“I am excited to be taking on the position of head men’s soccer coach and would like to thank athletic director Dave Denly and the rest of the Southwestern administration for giving me this opportunity,” Yeisley says. “The men’s soccer program is in a good state moving forward and I am anxious to implement a few of my own ideas into the program. We will be working hard this spring to move into the next level in the KCAC as well as representing Southwestern in a positive manner both on and off the field.”