By Kylie Stamper
Staff Reporter

Worship Outreach has been working on a project that will benefit the group not only this semester, but years down the road.

They remodeled the studio in the basement of Darbeth in order to accommodate a more comfortable and effective recording space for future projects.

Paint was put on the walls, shelves, and even the cover plates for outlets and light switches. Posters and CD frames were hung, and they got new furniture.

They made it something that will be able to be used for a long time.

“We remodeled the studio to make it more appealing when recording, and because we plan to have a recording class in the next year or so, and wanted the space to be appropriate for a classroom setting,”

“We also want to get better equipment—technology and instrumentation wise—as well as get more furniture to make it a place people want to be,” said Brandi Young, religion & philosophy and business sophomore.

Worship Outreach students, Quenton Todd, music education junior, Lindsey Graber, religion & philosophy sophomore, Kaitlin Kendel, religion & philosophy sophomore, Deborah Martin, music sophomore,  Young, and Worship Outreach director, Martin Rude, all worked together to complete the space.  

Rude said, “Mostly it’s just having fun as a group. Painting, dreaming, and doing. Our dream would be that our facilities would be redone with new walls, new ceiling, track lighting; it will be a wonderful place to share with performing arts and the Community Music School.”

Members of Worship Outreach each have a vision of what they would like to utilize the studio for in the future.

Kendel said, “I want to see two or three students getting together to record covers and even some original work for each team—like Keynotes, Selah, and the Chapel Band—in fellowship together.”

“Personally, I would like to see Worship Outreach students create EPs for their own enjoyment with the resources of the studio like the Mac, CDs, and recording equipment,” said Kendel.

Worship Outreach will be accepting any donations including black leather furniture and monetary donations. Drop off any donations at the Performing Arts Office in Darbeth.

Kylie Stamper is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email her at kylie.stamper@sckans.edu