The Mid America Nazarene Tournament in Olathe, KS took place Friday and Saturday. The women’s volleyball team wanted to continue with the good work and do their best in the tournament. They also wanted to continue achieving good results, bring home the trophy, and improve their record.

Taylor Kinamonn, senior middle said, “We learned a lot this weekend.”

The first team they played was Evangel University. They lost 3 sets to 0, and in the first set the Moundbuilders started on the wrong foot by losing 13-25. For their second set, they once again fell to the Crusaders 14-25. They tried to redeem themselves during the last set, but the Crusaders came out on top and beat them 19-25.

After they lost against Evangel University, their second opponent was Benedictine College. The Lady Builders lost, but this time to Benedictine College. They lost 3 sets to 0, the first set ended with a score of 17-25 with a victory for Benedictine College. The second and third sets finished 16-25 and 23-25 respectively. The women’s volleyball finished with two losses on Friday.

Kim Kellogg, senior defense said the team needs to work on communication.

Saturday, they played two games. The games were against Hastings College and the tournament’s home team, Mid America Nazarene University. They confronted Hastings College first and they finished with a losses, 12-25, 13-25, and 15-25.

Six hours after their first game, they played against the Mid America Nazarene Pioneers. They lost for the fourth time in the tournament, and with this game they finished their participation in the tournament. The first set ended 25-18, the second set finished 25-13, and the last one finished 25-17.

The women’s volleyball team faced tough opponents this weekend. Kaley Rodriguez, junior defense said, “The first team was the hardest probably because it was a long trip and we needed to get together and get to know each other more.” The women’s volleyball now has a record to 3-8.

Volleyball will next take on Kansas Wesleyan Sept. 19 at 7 p.m.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.