The men’s and women’s tennis teams traveled to McPherson Tuesday. The teams played against Central Christian College. The women’s team beat the Tigers 8-1. The men’s team was defeated 7-2.

“The men played extremely well today, once again improving on their set scores,” said Randy Smith, head tennis coach.

Max Manley, business administration sophomore, fell 3-1. Josh Sapp, biology sophomore, won over Dillin Lanting, Central Christian College sophomore. Nick Morris, sports management sophomore, was defeated in two sets, 2-2 and 10-5. Michael Bond, business freshman, and Jessie Riggs, liberal arts junior, were defeated 4-1 and 4-2 respectively. Justin Smith, freshman, ended 3-3.

For the men’s double, Morris and Sapp teamed up and fell to Tiger players 8-2. Bond and Manley collaborated together to win 8-1. Riggs and Smith ended up losing 8-4. This made the final score of men’s tennis to be 7-2, victory for the Tigers.

The Lady Builders achieved another victory. “This was the Ladies second team win of the spring,” said Smith. “It was well deserved. They all played great.”

Melissa Roetzer, biology junior, ended 3-3. Kelsey Smith, early education freshman, beat Victoria McCord, Central Christian sophomore. Katie McNett, secondary education junior finished 0-0. Tyler Harrel, marine biology sophomore, and Sara Peck, biology freshman, both ended up winning 2-1. Abby Gengler, business finance freshman, finished winning 1-0.

The women’s double teams won their three matches. Roetzer and Harrel won 8-6. Smith and Gengler, and Peck and McNett shut out their opponents 8-0. This made the final result for the women’s tennis team to be 8-1.

Women’s and men’s tennis teams will play at Seminole State College in Ponca City, Okla. The matches will take place on March 28 at 3:30 p.m.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.