The Builder tennis teams played against Bethany College April 24 in their final Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference match of the season.

The men’s tennis team fell 8-1 to the top ranked team in the conference. Michael Bond, business freshman, was the only Builder who won his match. Bond dropped the first set 7-6, then won the second 7-5. He came back to win the final set and the tiebreak 6-1 and 10-8.

Unlike the men’s team, the Lady Builders finished on top of the Swedes 5-4. Kesley Smith, early education freshman, won both of her sets in her match 6-4. Sara Peck, biology freshman, also acquired a victory by a score of 6-3 in the first set and 6-2 in the second. Melissa Roetzer, biology junior, and Tyler Harrell, marine biology sophomore, lost their matches.

Katie McNett, secondary education junior, fell short in her match 6-2. Abby Gengler, business finance freshman, won the first set 6-0 and then fell 6-4 and 6-2 in the second and third.

For the doubles matches, Roetzer and Harrell won 8-6. Smith and Gengler were defeated by a 9-7 point match. Peck and McNett beat the Swede pair 8-5 to put the one point difference in the score.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.