Bailey VenJohn

Tanner Seidel, senior, prepares to serve in match against Central Christian. The men's tennis team lost two matches 4-5 against Central Christian and Oklahoma Wesleyan University.

Tanner Seidel, senior, prepares to serve in match against Central Christian. The men’s tennis team lost two matches 4-5 against Central Christian and Oklahoma Wesleyan University.

Abby Gengler, sophomore, was pleased with the matches she said “Speegle told us going into the second match that we would have to be more patient and I think that we all were and that’s a big part of why we won.”

The women take on Seminole State Junior College March 28 in Ark City next.

Kelsey Smith, sophomore, said the team needs to improve it’s consistency most.

On the other side of things the men’s team didn’t have as successful of a day. They recorded 4-5 losses in both matches.

Nick Morris, junior, said “I thought we played really well. We started off slow in the first match against Central Christian and lost a close one.”

The match against Oklahoma Wesleyan came down to the final match. The score was tied 4-4 and the winner was determined by whether Morris won his match. Unfortunately he lost in a tie breaker and OWU conquered the win.

Morris said “In the second match against Oklahoma Wesleyan it seemed like everyone stepped their game up to a whole new level. OWU is a very tough team and we knew that coming in.”

The men’s team don’t play again until March 30. It is two matches both in McPherson, the first against Central Christian and the second Hesston.

Bailey VenJohn is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.