By Austen Holloway

After a hard fought battle the Lady Builders took a 3-0 loss to McPherson. The Lady Bulldogs took an early lead 10 minutes into the match. They fought hard playing against a very physical McPherson squad.

“The other team came out and capitalized. We match up evenly with their team and I feel if we meet them in the play offs we can beat them,” said Mike Daniels, assistant coach. The grudge match was played on a cold 50 degree evening. And even with the bitter conditions, both teams moved up and down the field at a good pace.

Salynda Lindsey, sophomore team manager, said, “Our team played to the best of their abilities while dealing with injuries.” Nichole Resa, Morgan Constantine, and Katie Bipes are all key players with injuries. “The team played hard,” said Lindsey.

The Lady Builders came into the game with a record of 8-6-1 after a tough loss to Kansas Wesleyan Sunday. The team is playing with hopes to lock down a good seed for the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference tournament.

Unable to find their groove, the offense was left unsuccessful in attempt to score goals. “We couldn’t get an offensive attack and couldn’t find our flow. McPherson plays hard and is always ready to compete,” said Maddie Chapin, sophomore defender.

The Lady Builders play their last regular season game against University of Saint Mary Oct. 29 in Richard Jantz Stadium.

Austen Holloway is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at austen.holloway@sckans.edu.