By Joshua Eibl

With Friday’s 0-3 loss against Kansas Wesleyan, the women’s soccer team streak of seven straight victories came to an end.

“We couldn’t possess a ball today and we need to bring back the positivity and effort we had in the seven games before,” said Lee Howarth, assistant women’s soccer coach.

Ashley Soderlund, sophomore goalkeeper, said, “Our defense did very well in holding off Kansas Wesleyan, but after gaining possession of the ball, we were not able to connect down to their final third for a goal.”

Soderlund made six saves for the Builders.

“That transition from defense to offense wasn’t there, so it always felt like we were on defense and I think we also just weren’t able to get into our game,” said Soderlund.

Hailey Rouse, sophomore forward, said, “We could have done better because we didn’t create many opportunities to shoot on goal.”

The Builders current record is 9-4 after today’s loss.

Kansas Wesleyan outshot the Builders with 21-3 shots and 9-1 shots on goal.

Rouse said, “We are taking the loss and learning from it and we need to focus on switching the field and communicating because I think if we did more of it against KWU we would have had more success.”

The Builders are currently ranked fourth in the KCAC standings with the first eight teams going to the tournament.

Joe Wood, head women’s soccer coach, said, “We didn’t play our best and we need to regroup at our practices next week so we’re prepared for McPherson.”

The Lady Moundbuilders will play their next game on Saturday against McPherson at 7 p.m. at the Richard L. Jantz Stadium.