The women’s soccer team started the season with a victory and they are keeping up the good work. They faced Oklahoma Wesleyan University on Wednesday night at OWU’s home field in Bartlesville, Okla. The game started at 5 p.m. The team wanted to achieve their second victory for the season and second win in a row. They went in confident and strong to play against the Eagles.

“I am always energetic and I felt happy throughout the game,” Madison Smith, freshman, forward said.

The Lady Builders won 3-2 against OWU. It was a difficult and hard game, but at the end the women finished strong and got the victory.

Sierra Meyer scored the first goal of the game. The Eagles soon came back and tied the game two minutes after the first goal. After tying, the Eagles scored another one and they were winning the game momentarily 2-1. Then Kaci Hutchinson scored the second one for us.

Maddie Chapin scored the third and winning goal for the Lady Builders.

“We double our record from last year. I’m excited because we came and surprised everyone this year.” Courtney Hornback, freshman, center-mid said.

The women’s soccer team now has a record of 2-0.

“We are really excited to move forward last season. Last season is history, and I think this team can show people we are going to be successful,” said head coach Joe Hood.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.