By Bailey VenJohn
Staff Reporter

The key to getting wins is scoring goals. Joe Wood, head women’s soccer coach, said he expects the team to be stronger than last year. Last year’s 10-8 record was the best season in the history of women’s soccer.

On Sept. 1, women’s soccer kicks off against Dallas Christian. Two years ago the Lady Builders matched up against the Crusaders and came out with the 7-0 shutout win.

After the Sept. 1 game the Lady Builders move on to Waxahachie, Texas to compete against the Lady Lions of Southwestern Assemblies of God. Southwestern played SAGU two years ago and lost 2-0.

The team has been working real hard to get better every day. Courtney Hornback, sophomore center mid, said they have been preparing by participating in two a days and morning fitness.

Hornback also said the reason they picked to go to Texas is because a lot of the women on the team are from there. This gives those women a chance to play closer to home.

Stevie Heidzig, sophomore left defense, said to add a little fun to the trip the team is going to watch a FC Dallas game. FC Dallas is the professional soccer team located in Dallas.

Bailey VenJohn is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.