The time has come for those in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference to face off against each other in women’s soccer. The Lady Builders open up conference play on the road against the Friends University Falcons.

The Falcons come into the game fifth in the KCAC standings with a 2-5 record. They are coming off of a 3-2 overtime win over York College on Oct. 28.

The Friend’s offense has not been the strong point of the team as they are currently second to last in the conference in total goals this year with four. The Falcons are ranked at the top of the KCAC in saves per game, averaging 12.14 saves. Sarah Goldsmith, junior goalie, has been a major part of the Falcon’s success in saves as she has 65 saves on the season and averages 10.43 per game.

Southwestern comes into the game on a seven game losing streak and just a 1-7 record. They are currently tied for third in the KCAC in goals on the season with 10. Despite their high ranking, seven of the 10 goals came in their opening game at Dallas Christian and the team has scored just three goals in their past seven games.

The Builders did not finish off their non-conference season on a high note as they fell to the Central Christian Tigers at home on Tuesday 1-0. A goal by Jessica Ball, senior midfielder, in the second half sealed the Builder’s fate.

Southwestern did get off 12 shots against the Tigers, four of them by Nicole Mound, sophomore midfielder.
The game between the Builders and the Falcons begins at 6 p.m. Friday in Wichita.

Clinton Dick is a sophomore majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu