After losing 4-0 to Newman Lady Jets on Thursday, the Lady Builder soccer team wanted to rearrange their path on the season. The women’s team visited Southwestern Christian University Lady Eagles on Sept. 7 and fell 2-0.

“We had opportunities and just couldn’t finish them,” said Courtney Hornback, junior midfielder. “We started to settle down, play our game and dominated, but it was too late.”

The Lady Builders did not see luck on their shots throughout the game as the Lady Eagle goalkeeper shut the Lady Builder’s attempts.

Sierra Meyer, junior midfielder, said, “We are lacking on our unity as a team. To change it we need to work together as communicate better.”

Both Lady Eagle goals came during first half. For the second 45 minutes of the game, the Lady Builders managed to decipher the Eagle’s offense and shut them down.

“We were not relaxed and did not come out ready to play,” said senior goalkeeper, Kelsey Grasham.

With this loss added to their record, the Lady Builder’s now stand 1-2 in the NAIA. The women’s team has lost both away games and their only triumph was the home game.

The team will hit the road to face Mid America Christian University on Sept. 14. The Lady Builders have a week to prepare and work on their communication skills before heading to Oklahoma City.

Angel Vadillo is a junior majoring in communication. You may contact him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu