By Caitlin Dyck

Strengths and weaknesses can make or break any team. For the women’s soccer team, both strengths and weaknesses seem to be pulling them together.

“We’re starting to form combinations on offense and were distributing the ball well. We need to stay composed in times of pressure, but overall we are very happy with where we are at as a team,” said Mike Daniels, assistant women’s soccer coach.

On Sept. 18, the women’s soccer team took on the Crusaders of the University of Dallas. They were defeated 2-1, but from this loss comes growth.

Katie Bipes, senior forward, said, “We connected passes well and we are starting to gel as a team. It is unfortunate that the result of the game doesn’t show how well we played together.”

The University of Dallas is a non-conference opponent, but this was great preparation for their up and coming season. “We are able to see our weaknesses and prepare well for the games that do matter. We kept possession a lot, although we could work on getting back and following up on our plays,” said Maddie Chapin, sophomore defender.

The Lady Builders next appearance is 6 p.m. Wednesday in McPherson where they will go head to head with Central Christian College.

Caitlin Dyck is a senior majoring in general communication. You may e-mail her at caitlin.dyck@sckans.edu.