Morgan Constantine, junior defender, clears the ball out of the backfield during play Friday at home against St. Gregory. The Lady Builders lost 3-1. (Carly Budd/Collegian photographer)

The women’s soccer team dropped their sixth consecutive game Friday at home against St. Gregory’s University 4-1. The loss brought the women’s record to 1-6 on the season with just one non-conference game remaining until the team opens Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference play Oct. 1 at Friends University.

“I want us to go into conference and take it one game at a time,” said Joe Wood, head women’s soccer coach. “We need to work on getting our team to come together and work together.”

The Builders played well defensively in the first half, stopping every shot attempt the Cavaliers took at their goal. The score at halftime was knotted up at 0.

“A lot of the girls played a good 75 minutes of soccer,” said Wood. “We have been trying to work on in practice playing a full 90 minutes of soccer.”

The second half did not go as well for the Builders as they allowed three consecutive goals before Morgan Constantine, junior defender, scored late in the game for the Builders.

“It was a winnable game,” said Wood. “The girls played a good first half, but I want us to get our moral boosted going into conference play.”

The women wrap up their non-conference schedule against Central Christian University at 5 p.m. Sept. 28 at home.

Clinton Dick is a sophomore majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.