By Joshua Eibl

The women’s soccer team had a historical night with their 2-1 win against Bethel.

“I’m proud of the way we played tonight,” said women’s head coach Wood. “I don’t believe we’ve ever gone on a four game win streak in conference before and it could be also the first time we’ve ever won six games in conference too,” said Wood.

The Builders improve their KCAC record to 6-3 after tonight’s win.

The first 20 minutes were a tight conference game but a huge chance by McKinley Lee started the game. Chance after chance went by and Bryanna Kuhn was able to score the first goal of the night five minutes before halftime.

Bethel was able to bounce back with the equalizer 20 minutes left in the game which was a surprise at that time. The Builders outscored Bethel with 14-6 shots and with this much pressure it was just a matter of time until the winning goal. Kryslyn Henderson scored a fabulous goal into the top left corner with one minute left.

“It was a really tough physical game, all the girls had to dig in and fight for it and it was a complete team performance with those coming off the bench doing well”, said Sierra Salsman, senior defender. “I’m very proud of my team especially with Kryslyn getting the goal from the bench and I’m very happy with the win,” said Salsman.

The Builders played very well defensively, worked very hard and put a lot of energy into the game according to the women’s assistant coach Howarth. “We struggled to get a hold of the ball and keep it for a while but scored two very good goals that we totally deserved. I felt fairly calm which never happens when we score late and I fully felt like we would score and we did,” said Howarth.

The Lady Moundbuilders will play against Friends at 4:30 p.m. next Friday inside the Richard L. Jantz Stadium which wraps up this semester.