By Joshua Eibl

The women’s soccer team started off their spring season with a 6-0 victory over Bacone in a non-conference matchup. They won their last five matches.

“I hope we can keep this streak alive by learning from what we did well and didn’t do well today and put in the work at practice in those specific areas to keep getting the results we want,” Ashley Soderlund, sophomore goalkeeper said.

“It was a good step in getting ourselves ready to compete for the spring and I feel happy with the way we played,” Joe Wood, women’s head coach said.

The Builders improve their record to 7-3 after today’s win.

“We’ve been practicing hard and the seniors are really motivated to go to the playoffs,” Ana Llanos, freshman defender said.

“It was good to start getting back into it and I saw this game as a warm up for the rest of the season and a confidence booster,” Soderlund said.

“We played pretty much everybody who was healthy and we treated it like two completely separated half’s,” Wood said.

The Builders outscored Bacone with 23-1 shots.

“This game was the right step we needed to happen today and we have another non-conference game next weekend so we’re two weeks out from our first conference game,” Wood said.

The Lady Moundbuilders will play their next game on Saturday against Concordia at 2 p.m. inside the Richard L. Jantz Stadium.