Nicole Forsyth, junior midfielder, takes the ball down the field during a break-away in the second half.  The Evangels’ defense shut down the Builders’ offense all along the second 45 minutes. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer)

Nicole Forsyth, junior midfielder, takes the ball down the field during a break-away in the second half. The Evangels’defense shut down the Builders’ offense the second 45 minutes. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer)

Wanting to leave the bad streak behind, the Lady Builder soccer team traveled to Oklahoma City to face Mid America Christian University on Sept. 14.  The Lady Builders fought hard throughout the game but fell five goals short.

The final score after the 90 minutes was 6-1 for the Evangels.

Abbie Woods, freshman midfielder, said, “The team as a whole needs to work on communicating.” Woods scored the solitary goal for the Builders during the first half.

The Lady Evangels after the initial whistle kept the pressure on the Lady Builders, and demonstrated they were hungry for goals. The Lady Builders came out ready to play, but could not keep up with Mid America’s gameplay.

“I feel like we started off strong, but we lacked in communication which lead us to breakdowns,” said Sierra Meyer, junior midfielder.

By the end of the first half, the Lady Evangels had nailed three goals on senior goalkeeper Kelsey Gresham.

The Lady Evangels added three more goals during the second half. This time Courtney Jones, freshman goalkeeper, was defending the Lady Builder’s goal post.

Monica Gamez, sophomore defender, said, “Their midfield played two touch balls and we didn’t know how to defend them. We didn’t communicate through the middle or defense.”

With this loss, the Lady Builders fall into a record of 1-3 in the NAIA. Their next game will be at Richard L. Jantz Stadium on Sept. 18 when they receive Bacone’s Lady Warriors. Kick-off is scheduled to be at 7 p.m.

Angel Vadillo is a junior majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.