The women’s soccer team traveled to McPherson, KS, Sept. 21. The Lady Builders wanted to come back from three consecutive losses and Central Christian College was their next opponent. Their record for this season was 2-3, and Central Christian was a great opportunity to equalize the record to 3-3. The women’s soccer team won 3-2 against the Tigers.

Vanessa Saltos, freshman center midfielder, said, “We played as a team and crashed the keeper. We utilized their weaknesses for us to win.”

The game started at 6 p.m. and from the first second to the last second, the Lady Builders pressured and played hard. The first goal was at the 23:48 minute mark. Maddie Chapin, sophomore center, played a through ball to Kaci Hutchinson, freshman forward, who finished with her left and beat the keeper.

The first half ended 1-0 and 3 minutes after the second half started, Nichole Resa, sophomore center midfielder, scored, bringing the score to 2-0.

The Tigers never gave up and scored a goal. Soon after this goal, the women knew the game was going to be more complicated.

Then the Lady Builders scored a third goal. Now the score was 3-1, they had the game. The Tigers continued to pressure and got the second goal.

The game ended with a 3-2 victory for the Builders. Morgan Constantine, senior defense, said, “It’s good to win on the road. I think the location doesn’t affect us.”

The Lady Builders have won 2 out of 3 away games. Their next game will be Sept. 24 at Bethany, Okla., against Southwestern Christian University.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.