The Lady Builders took another blow to their conference record Saturday night as they fell to the Kansas Wesleyan Coyotes 90-84 in overtime. The game was the second Kansas Collegiate Athletic game of the season for both teams and the third consecutive road game for Southwestern.

For the second straight game, the Builders went into the locker rooms at halftime with a slight edge. The women held onto a 41-40 lead over the undefeated Coyotes at halftime.

Kansas Wesleyan tied the game up at the end of regulation at 77 and sent the game into overtime. The Coyotes dominated the overtime period, outscoring the women 13-7.

Tylar Hartfield, junior forward, had her second consecutive double-double, scoring 13 points for the Builders and grabbing 13 rebounds. Brett Bates, junior guard, and Jasmine Manuel, senior forward, lead the team in scoring with 15 points each.

The Builder’s success from the three-point line allowed them to stay with Kansas Wesleyan for most of the game as they went 10-21 from beyond the arch. The team struggled at the free-throw line hitting just 58.8 percent of their foul shots.

The Coyotes exceeded at the foul line, hitting 15 of 18. Kansas Wesleyan also had 22 assists compared to the Builders 12.

Southwestern play their first KCAC home game of the season Dec. 9 against the Ottawa Braves. The game tips off at 6 p.m. in Stewart Field House.

Clinton Dick is a sophomore majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.