Andrea Smith, sophomore guard, drives in for the lay-up during the Wednesday night quarter final game against Tabor College at Stewart Field House. The lady builders dominated the blue jays with a 67-40 finish.  Samantha Gillis/Collegian photographer

Andrea Smith, sophomore guard, drives in for the lay-up during the Wednesday night quarter final game against Tabor College at Stewart Field House. The lady builders dominated the blue jays with a 67-40 finish. Samantha Gillis/Collegian photographer

The Lady Builders made the best of their opening Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference quarterfinal game Wednesday even when they buried the Tabor Blue Jays 67-40 at Stewart Field House.

The Builders opened up with an 11-3 run and never looked back.  By the buzzer at halftime, their lead was increased to 34-19. In the first half, the women outscored Tabor 10-2 in fast break points, and 9-2 in second chance points.

The blowout continued in the second half.  The final score showed a 27-point Builder victory in a game the Blue Jays never led.

Jasmine Manuel, junior forward, led the women in scoring with 14 points, followed by Sara Maxwell, junior forward, with 10.  The Builders also had three players with six rebounds each.  Jasmine Jackson, sophomore guard, Jordan Jarnagin, senior guard, and Jordyn Cossman, sophomore guard, all aided in rebounding on a night where the Builders outrebounded their opponent 59-31.