The women’s tennis team breezed through yet another meet yesterday with a decisive 9-0 win, but the men can only hope things get better in the regular season. Another loss to Oklahoma Wesleyan University yesterday put the men at 0-4 for the spring season, concluding their nonconference meets.

Only four men were present at the meet, due to outside conflicts. They lost 5-1—the lone win coming from Jacob Tafoya, computer information systems junior, who won the No. 1 singles 6-1 and 7-5.

“It feels really good when I win, especially since we don’t really win very much. It just feels nice to help out the team,” said Tafoya. “That’s what it really all comes down to.”

The women’s tennis team finished out their preseason with another dominating win, holding Oklahoma Wesleyan pointless. This propels them into conference games with a four-game win streak.

Both teams begin conference April 10 at Bethel College. Bethel’s women have won three in a row, holding their last three opponents scoreless. The Bethel men are coming off of a 5-4 loss to Concordia University, bringing their record to 2-4 overall.

The teams have just under two weeks to prepare for their conference opponents, and both have the goal of placing higher than they did last season.

“We’re tryin’ as hard as we can,” Tafoya said. “We’re just tryin’ to get fourth or fifth in the conference. We’re working a lot harder in practice, preparing.”