The men’s tennis team hosted McPherson Bulldogs on April 19 at Whitter courts. Unluckily for the Builders, they were defeated 9-0. On the other hand, the Lady Builders dug out of the bad results winning 6-3 and finishing their 0-4 record in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference.

Melissa Roetzer, biology junior, won 6-2 and 7-5. Tyler Harrell, marine biology sophomore, fell 6-2 and 6-1. Katie McNett, secondary education junior, got out with the victory 6-4 and 6-3. Kelsey Smith, early education freshman, fell to Kara Wright, McPherson sophomore.

Sara Peck, biology freshman, and Abby Gengler, business finance freshman, won their matches 6-3, 6-2, 7-6 and 6-1. Roetzer and Harrell teamed to fell 8-2. Smith paired up with Gengler and won 8-4. Peck and McNett combined to win by the same score Smith and Gengler did. “It was great to see the women be rewarded for their hard work with a victory. Both of our teams have been playing better and better as the season goes on,” said Jason Speegle, men’s and women’s tennis interim coach.

Max Manley, business administration sophomore, fell 6-3 and 6-1. Josh Sapp, biology sophomore, fell twice by the same score 6-1. Jacob Mires lost 6-0 and 6-1.Nick Morris, sports management sophomore, stumbled 6-1 and 6-3.

Michael Bond, business freshman, and Justin Smith, undecided freshman, both fell individually 6-0, 6-2, 7-6 and 6-0. Jessie Riggs, liberal arts junior, finished short, 7-5 and 6-2.

Mires and Sapp combined finishing with a loss 8-0. Morris and Manley fell short 8-4.The last match was played by Riggs and Bond who finished 8-0.

The Builders will be closing the regular season on March 21 when they host Central Christian College at 10 a.m. Following that match, they will be playing against John Brown University at 2 p.m.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.