By Brad Cagle
Staff Reporter

The Winfield City Commission met yesterday evening during their City Commission meeting to discuss new business ordinances and resolutions.

These meetings take place every first and third of each month at 5:30 p.m. at the City Hall building. Mayor Phillip R. Jarvis begins the call to order and jumps straight into the first resolution, Bill No. 2088, which is the consideration to build the three-mile transmission line in town.

“I’d like to give my thanks to the landowner who previously had said this would be non-negotiable and later changed her mind,” said Mayor Jarvis. The majority were in favor of this resolution.

The next few things discussed in the city commission meeting were some new business ordinances. The first one is to consider the proposal from Kyle Cooley regarding a hay management agreement on city-owned property at the city lake. The offer was for $115 a ton. The proposal was accepted.

The next was a farm lease agreement on Winfield owned land at US77 and Country Club Rd. The agreement was made for $75 an acre and the owner gets to keep 100% of the crops but pay the city an annual payment of $6,675.

The last thing the city commission talked about was the consideration of the Winfield police department patrol vehicle bids for 2021. The consideration is for a bid from the Winfield Motor Company for the Dodge Charger all-wheel drive V6 as the patrol vehicle. The proposal was accepted.

The next meeting will be on December 7.