By Morgan Givney

The men’s cross country team accompanied by Jennifer Hendrixson, business marketing senior, travelled to Vancouver, Wash. this past weekend to compete in the 32nd annual National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics Women’s Cross Country National Championships. The men’s team was represented well, earning 18th out of 32 teams, and Frank Adelman, biology junior, earned an All-American title. Hendrixson took 140th place with a time of 19:45.

Adelman finished the course in the 30th spot with a time of 24:53, and a mile pace of 5:01. The men’s team finished with an average time of 25:56. “It was an awesome race to be a part of even though I didn’t run as well as I wanted, it was still a great atmosphere and experience,” said Trey Bruton, mathematics sophomore. Bruton finished with a time of 27:20.

“I didn’t run the time I wanted, but I did place pretty well, overall I had fun and felt strong. I was very pleased how my last cross country season went and I’m excited to see how my track season goes,” said Hendrixson. Hendrixson was the only women runner who qualified on the team to run at the National Championship.

This race offered a change of scenery for the runners. “It was a pretty fast course for the most part, and our team took advantage of it. We averaged our second best team time this year,” said Adelman.

“The course is unlike any other but it’s not that much different than what we already run on,” said Bruton.

Hendrixson found a different aspect of the race she enjoyed other than the course. “There was so many runners and you were never alone. There was also lots of supporters out there cheering you on. It was a huge adrenaline rush and you didn’t know your place or where you were exactly, but it was the best race experience I’ve ever had,” said Hedrixson.

With this race, the cross country season has come to a close. “Everyone competed great and we’re all pretty happy with the final meet of the season,” said Adelman.

Morgan Givney is a freshman with an undecided major. You may e-mail her at morgan.givney@sckans.edu.