Sports editor

The Lady Builders prepare to receive the ball. The volleyball team fell 3-0 on Thursday night’s game. (Alyssa Richardson/Collegian photographer)

|
After winning their last game, the women’s volleyball team hosted College of Saint Mary. The Saint Mary Flames arrived from Omaha, Neb. with a 0-4 overall record. The Lady Builders have a 1-0 record overall in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics.

“I kept my head focused when practicing and was mentally preparing myself. We worked out hard and had a lot of fun,” said freshman defensive specialist, Rachel Broussard.

The Lady Builders fell short in a 3-0 game against the Flames.

The first set finished in a 25-14 scoreboard for the Flames. The next set ended up closer, 26-24 for the Lady Flames, and the final set finished 25-18. By the beginning of the third set, they were losing by six points and continued losing the rest of the set by that difference.

Rachel Vieyra, freshman settler, said, “We learned not to give up even when the difference was a lot. We keep pushing and know that this is going to take time.”

Central Christian College and Hillside Free Baptist College are the Lady Builders next opponents as they face them on Sept. 1 at Stewart Field House. The first game starts at 11 a.m. and the second one at 3 p.m.

This loss leaves the Lady Builders with a 1-1 overall record.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.