By Paige Carswell

The volleyball team is hoping for some redemption this week.

Just two days after winning their first conference match against Bethany College, the women turned around and lost to Bethel in three games without making it to 20 points.

They have a chance to recover on Wednesday when they host eighth-placed University of Saint Mary (3-9). The Spires have lost eight matches in a row, and are most recently coming off of a three-game loss to Friends University followed by a five-game loss to Sterling.

The volleyball team broke a seven-game losing streak and scored its first conference win Oct. 5  when the women defeated Bethany College 26-24, 26-28, 25-19 and 25-14 on Dig Pink night.

Dig Pink is the volleyball team’s campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and the women took the court sporting pink uniforms. They came in off their most recent three-game loss to Tabor College. Bethany, who was ranked sixth in the KCAC, had won their most recent game against Sterling College.

Two days later, the team turned around and was dominated by Bethel in three games. They lost the first game 25-12 before coming back 25-19 and 25-18 in the second and third games. The loss dropped them back to 1-9 in the KCAC and 2-12 overall. They are placed last in the conference.

The match will begin at 7 p.m. in Stewart Field House.

Paige Carswell is a senior majoring in journalism. You may e-mail her at paige.carswell@sckans.edu.