By Caitlin Dyck

As their season comes to an end, the Lady Moundbuilder volleyball team stays positive and determined for the future. “We definitely thought this season would go much better, but we have improved playing faster paced and we have been up on the net like we need to be,” said Alissa Gould, sophomore right side hitter.

The team, 1-14, competed against the University of Saint Mary’s, 3-11, on Oct. 26 in Leavenworth, coming home with a loss. They stay focused on the positive aspects of their game. “This season is not what we expected, but we have grown so much,” said Taylor Sisneros, sophomore outside hitter, “We have picked up the new offense our coach has taught us and applied it well, we have next year to look forward to with more time to improve.”

Regardless of the lady builder’s record, they continue to strive to improve and build their points of weakness into strengths. Amy Moran, assistant volleyball coach, said, “We have had a hard season, and all of the teams in this conference are strong, but we have improved so much and it is exciting to see our new offense work when it does work. Next year we are excited to bring in our new recruits and come out strong and train hard.”

On Saturday at 3 p.m. the Lady Builders will compete against the Lady Blue Jays from Tabor College at home.

Caitlin Dyck is a senior majoring in general communication. You may e-mail her at caitlin.dyck@sckans.edu