By Jake Heronemus

Women’s volleyball hosted Saint Mary’s Nov 6 and lost three sets to two. The match was back and forth once Saint Mary’s won the first set.

The set scores were 25-14, 18-25, 27-29, 26-24 and 19-17. This loss makes the women’s volleyball season record 6-22 and their KCAC record 4-13.

“I told my team’s hat’s off to them. We probably played one of our best matches of the year and Saint Mary’s had to do something special or unheard of to beat us and I don’t think they could do it again,” said Donnie Wallace, in his 3rd season as head coach. “The way that our team works is there isn’t one player who’s a star so we play as more of a unit.”

Adrienne Vieyra, senior middle, said, “We just need to work on being more consistent from match to match.”

Wallace said, “When we get to firing together we get difficult to play against. I feel like everyone was firing together, and we didn’t have any weak spots or stars.”
Taylor Sisneros, senior libero, said, “I feel like we fought hard”

“To get ready for the Warriors on Saturday we need to stay consistent and eliminate our errors,” said Sisneros.

The volleyball team is set to host Sterling Warriors Nov 9 starting at 7 p.m. for their regular season finale in Stewart Field House.

Jake Heronemus is a junior majoring in communication. You may email him at jacob.heronemus@sckans.edu.