By Garrett Chapman

The volleyball team traveled to Kansas Wesleyan for a KCAC showdown. Despite losing the match 3-0, the team will continue to practice hard to prepare for the rest of the season.

The match didn’t start the way they would’ve liked it to. The builders only scored eight points in the first game. They gradually got better throughout the match. Scoring 13 points the second game and 18 the third.

“There was no turning point. Right at the beginning we came out scared. Kansas Wesleyan came out firing. I feel like we passed well and held our own against one of the best teams in the conference,” said Donnie Wallace, head coach.

Playing a tough team like Kansas Wesleyan, the number two team in the KCAC, the builders have to come out strong and be confident in their game plan.

Ashton Isch, sophomore defensive specialist and outside hitter, said, “Confidence. Volleyball is a game of momentum, and how we start a match off sets the tone that we have for the rest of the game. Our team is very talented, we just need to relax and play our tempo of game.”

The team hasn’t been doing the best, they lost ten games, but their attitudes are positive and looking to move forward.

“I think we need to step on the court with more confidence and intensity and keep it throughout the whole match,” said Chasity Clark, Junior outside hitter.

The volleyball team will next take the court at 1:30 p.m.  Sept. 21 in Wichita against Friends.

Garrett Chapman is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at garrett.chapman@sckans.edu.