By Bailey VenJohn
Staff Reporter

The Lady Builder volleyball team put up a tough fight Thursday night against McPherson but didn’t come out on top.

Mac stole the first match 25-17. Southwestern answered in the second match coming out on top 25-19. The Lady Bulldogs finished them off in the third and fourth matches 25-15 and 25-21.

Going into the games Southwestern had to make some major adjustments. With both Kenzi Lewis and Ashley Schoenhofer out due to injuries, the rotation had to be changed. Brittaney Craddock, freshman outside hitter, said, “We had to change the game plan.”

Although the team had to make many adjustments physically, mentally the focus was still the same. Craddock said the focus was the usual, to get the W.

The team did have positive aspects to focus on though; Craddock said defense was great tonight. Hannah Dierksen, junior right side hitter, said “A positive on the night was J.V. getting a win.”

“For our team to get a win next time we need to improve our serving,” said Alison Ornbaum, freshman setter.  The Lady Builders are still in search of their first conference win. This Saturday at 2 p.m. could be their chance as they take on Kansas Wesleyan at Stewart Field House.

Southwestern now has a record of 7-10 on the year and 0-6 in the conference. McPherson advanced their record to 4-16 for the season and 2-4 in KCAC.

Bailey VenJohn is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.