Chris Nelson, senior forward, leaps and hangs in the air as he finds his way to the basket with only 15 seconds left in the game. The Builders were unfortunate and lost the close game 66-59 to Haskell Indian University Monday in the Steward Field House. This ended the men’s basketball streak of four wins in a row. (Jonathan Woon/Collegian photographer)

The men’s basketball team played against Haskell Indian Nations University Nov. 7. They went into the game with an overall record of 4-0. Unfortunately, they left with a record of 4-1, losing 66-59.

“We just focus in practice, trying to do the set plays. The coaches do a very good job,” said Ethan Randolph, senior forward. “I think it is the best team we have played yet. We had it in the first half. But the second half in the first minutes, we did not find ourselves.”

The starters, Randolph, R.J. Jarrett, senior forward, James Davis, senior guard, Chris Nelson, senior forward, and Jared Irvin, senior guard, fought intensely and hard from the first second.

Davis scored the first point of the game for the Builders. The game continued in a back and forth pace. The first half ended with a momentary victory for the Builders, 35-33.

Davis said, “We need to work on defense and know how to play with each other.”

The second half started and in the first two minutes the Builders were lost. The Indians took advantage of that and scored nine points. The Builders tried to come back, but it never happened. Randolph was the leading scorer for the Builders with 20 points.

The game ended in a victory for Haskell Indian Nations University. “I feel we should have won. We will be alright, we will get better,” said Nelson.

This is the first loss for the Builders. The men’s basketball team will be playing Nov.11 against Johnson and Wales University at the Stewart Field House. The game begins at 7 p.m.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.