No relationship is perfect, and there comes a time that it will be tested.

“Why Did I Get Married Too?” addresses the power of forgiveness and understanding.

Tyler Perry is a composer, director, producer, actor and playwright. He has returned with a sequel to his movie “Why Did I Get Married?”

The cast consist of Janet Jackson, Jill Scott, Sharon Leal, Malik Yoba, Richard T. Jones, Tasha Smith, Lamman Rucker, Michael Jai White, Louis Gossett Jr., Cicely Tyson, and Tyler Perry.

The four couples gathers once again for their annual one week reunion, but this time in the Bahamas. When Shelia played by (Jill Scott) is recently remarried. She isn’t happy when her ex-husband Mike played by (Richard T Jones), shows up and interrupts the couples retreat with his presence. The couples slowly start to see trouble rising in their marriages.

Angela played by (Tasha Smith) doesn’t believe her husband, Marcus played by (Michael Jai White), can be faithful now that he is working. Dianne played by (Sharon Leal) and Terry played by (Tyler Perry) are feeling the joy of marriage. But they question where the joy is coming from. And Patricia played by (Janet Jackson), a successful self-help psychologist, comes to terms with her “perfect” marriage to Gavin played by (Malik Yoba).

All this forces the couples to realize that the marital bliss they thought they were enjoying will soon be altered drastically, leaving them with the decision of whether to blame or forgive.

Perry is known for other movies and plays such as “Daddy’s Little Girls,” “Why Did I get Married?” “Madea’s Family Reunion,” “A Family That Prey’s” and “Meet the Browns.”

The movie may be about marriage, but it also shows the power of friendship.

The eight college friends show what the value of friendship is, while being there to help support one another through hard times with advice and understanding.

There is a scene, where all four women are gathered at Patricia’s side silent and crying. All understanding that in hard times, words aren’t always necessary. Just a shoulder to lean on for comfort is all that is needed.

This scene reminds me of my friendships that I have made while in college. I liked the movie, and suggest everyone go see it.

Rotten Tomatoes rates the movie in the top five box office hits. “Why Did I Get Married Too?” (PG-13) was released April 2.