By Jevyn Voss

With two seniors playing their last home game of the season the Lady Builder soccer team played with dignity and pride.

The women’s soccer team ended up walking away with a 3-0 loss despite a hard fight against the Sterling College Warriors on Wednesday night.

Joe Wood, head coach said, “We’re capable of better you know, our potential. It’s part of coaching to get your players to reach their full potential.”

Coming into Wednesday’s game the lady Builders were 8-5 on the season and 4-2 in the Kansas College Athletic Conference while Sterling was 10-4 overall with a 3-3 record in the KCAC.

After the game Aly Sparkman, senior forward said, “Communication was a huge fault of ours and I think that if we had maybe talked more and passed more to each other’s feet we would have been more successful.”

The Lady Builders were led by Joy Reyes freshman forward, Kaci Hutchinson, sophomore outside mid-fielder, and Sierra Meyer, sophomore outside mid-fielder, led the team with a total of 10 shots out of the team total of 13.

After a scratch and claw kind of battle with the Warriors Lauren Reed, senior mid-fielder, stated that the team still came away with their pride and dignity. Reed said, “I think we set a mark for our school and our soccer team.”

The Builders will be in action next against a 3-4 McPherson College team at 5 p.m. on Saturday.

Jevyn Voss is a junior majoring in communication. You may email him at jevyn.voss@sckans.edu