McNinch

Bostwick

Sheppard

Colton McNinch, biology sophomore, Mandy Bostwick, elementary education senior, and Christine Sheppard, chemistry sophomore, earned Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference players of the week honors Tuesday. Each earned the award from their performance at the Missouri Southern Invitational in Joplin, Mo. this past weekend.

McNinch placed second in the 5000 meter run Saturday, finishing the race in 15:02.17 minutes. The time gave McNinch a new personal record and an automatic qualification to the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics National Indoor Track and Field Championships. He was four seconds shy of a school record in the race and is the KCAC Men’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week.

Bostwick earns the KCAC Women’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week coming off of two stellar throws in the shot put and 20# weight throw competition. She threw for a distance of 35′ 4.5″ in shot put and 38′ 2.25″ in the weight throw. She was ninth out of 30 competitors in the shot put event and 12th of 18 in the 20# weight throw.

Sheppard finished seventh out of 26 competitors in the 60 meter dash, running a time of 8.10 seconds. She also ran a 27.18 in the 200 meter dash, finishing ninth of 38. Both runs were career best performances for Sheppard, who is the KCAC Women’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week.