By Taylor Forrest

The Christy lobby. Wroten Hall. The lawn in front of the honors dorms. Bottom of the 77. The patio in front of the welcome center.

That is the trip you will take if you attend the production of Fools on the Hill at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 24. The play will lead the audience through a twisted path of entertainment across the campus of Southwestern.

Fools on the Hill is a unique experience because of its odd traveling production, but it is also one large play made up of five smaller comedies that are not only written by students, but directed by them as well. The individual comedies are listed below:

* Inspiration, written by William Wade, directed by Zoe Rae

* The Bad Influence, written by Anna Rosell, directed by Amber Creed

* Winanananoka, written by Eugene Lindsey, directed by Mariah Warren

* Never Never Don’t, written by Juliette Lawrence, directed by Miranda Jones

* Under the Bed, written by Meagan Morrow, directed by Anna Rosell

This will be the seventh year that Fools on the Hill has been performed at Southwestern College. The production has turned into one of the numerous traditions here on campus. Roger Moon, associate professor of theatre and speech, said, “Fools on the Hill is a unique tradition at Southwestern College that gets theatre out of the theater.”

While the play is written, directed, and acted out by students, Allyson Moon, associate professor of theatre and speech, has her hand in the production as well. “I am a support for the students, if individuals need assistance in acting I will provide advice, costume pieces, or recommendation. So in the case of this production, I am a supporter.”

This year the cast of actors included not only individuals from the theatre division, but an array of students from across campus as well. Football players, basketball players, soccer players, and grad students will be allowing for their “identities” to be set aside to become a part of this production.

Zoe Rae, theatre performance junior, hopes that students will attend and take something away from the experience. “Fools on the Hill is such a great way to watch and support the theatre department without sitting in an auditorium for a couple hours. It’s fun to walk around and watch a few different comedic scenes, laugh, and enjoy yourself.”

Taylor Forrest is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email her at taylor.forrest@sckans.edu