Pictured above: Sadie Pfau, biology junior, tosses the ball up to serve the ball. (Hanna House/Staff Photographer)

David Burdick, business freshman, gets ready to serve the ball to a Central Christian opponent. (Hanna House/Staff Photographer)

Both men’s and women’s teams made easy work of Central Christian Thursday afternoon.

The women won 9-0 but only three actually competed and three won by default. Sadie Pfau,  junior, Victoria Lybarger, freshman, and Mihaela Evans, freshman, were the three who scored legitimate wins. Anna Mankoski, sophomore, Sydney Shields, junior, and Olivia Medaris, junior, all gained default wins.

Pfau and Lybarger chalked a tally in the win column in the only women’s doubles match.

The Lady Builders next matches will be against Cowley and Baker. The team returns to home for the matches with Cowley scheduled for 10 a.m. and Baker at 5 p.m.

The men’s team also earned the 9-0 win. David Burdick, freshman, and Brian Vancuren, sophomore each one their matches with the other four slots being wins for the Builders by default. Burdick and Jonathan Buckner, freshman, won the only doubles match of the day.

The men also return home for their next matches. Facing off against Cowley at 10 a.m. and Baker 5 p.m.

Bailey VenJohn is a senior majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.