The men’s and women’s tennis teams have finished their regular seasons and are moving into end-of-season play. The teams travel to the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference Individual Tournament in McPherson Friday before heading into the KCAC Tournament May 7 and 8.

The men finished out their regular season with a win on Saturday, breaking a four-game losing streak and topping Kansas Wesleyan University 6-3.  They finished out their season with a 2-5 record. The men were led by Jeff Smith, education junior, who won the No. 3 singles 6-1, 6-3. DJ Wilson, business administration senior, won the No. 4 singles; Tristan Walters, biochemistry junior, won No. 5 singles and Jessie Riggs, liberal arts freshman, won the No. 6 singles. Smith and Mires teamed up to win the No. 2 doubles and Riggs and Wilson won the No. 3 doubles.

The men had previously lost to Tabor College 9-0 April 22. Tabor finished in a tie for second place in the regular season standings. SC finished in sixth.

The women were unable to pull through, getting trounced by the Lady Coyotes 7-2. Winning for the women were Alecia Schneweis, biology senior, in No. 4 singles and Schneweis and Katie McNett, English freshman, in No. 3 doubles.

They ended their season with two losses in a row—the first in a close 5-4 loss to Tabor, with whom they finished in a tie for fourth.

Both teams finished in the same spot in conference play as they did during the 2008-2009 season, but with an added team, Sterling, in the standings, they each ended up with one more win than they had last year. Both Sterling teams finished winless and in last place in the conference.