Despite the regular season being over, the tennis teams played two more games. On April 21, they hosted Central Christian College Tigers and John Brown University. The Lady Tigers arrived with a 1-10-1 overall record, and the men’s Tigers with a 7-5 record. John Brown Golden Lady Eagles had a 3-8 record. The men’s team arrived having a 1-8 record.

The first game started at 10 a.m. and was against the Lady Tigers. The Lady Builders got away with a 7-2 victory. For the Lady Builders’ second game, they closed it winning again 7-2.

Tyler Harrell, marine biology sophomore, won by forfeit. Katie McNett, secondary education junior, finished with the victory by 6-3 and 6-2. Kelsey Smith, early education freshman, and Sara Peck, biology freshman, ended up winning their single matches. Abby Gengler, business finance freshman, won twice by a 6-0 score. Melissa Roetzer, biology junior, fell to Kristen Reith, Central Christian College junior.

In the double matches, Roetzer and Harrel were defeated by 9-8 and 7-4. Smith and Gengler ended up winning 8-1. The last match was for Peck and McNett whom finished with the victory 8-0.

Unlike the women’s team, the men’s team fell short 3-6 against the Golden Eagles. John Brown University was the Builders next opponent and the game started at 2 p.m. Men’s tennis team fought hard and finished with a 5-4 victory.

Max Manley, business administration sophomore, got the victory by 6-1 and 6-4. Josh Sapp, biology sophomore, won 6-1, 7-6 and in the third tie breaker match 7-4. Jacob Mires and Justin Smith, undecided freshman, were the only Builders who fell individually. Nick Morris, sports management sophomore, fell the first match 6-4 and then won the next two matches by  6-3 and 11-9. Michael Bond, business freshman, played three matches winning them all.

Mires and Sapp teamed and lost 8-4. Morris and Manley won in the double match 8-4. Jessie Riggs, liberal arts junior, combined with Bond and almost had the victory. They finished losing 8-6.

The victory makes the Lady Builders to close their schedule games with three consecutive victories. They won against these two teams and McPherson on April 19 by 6-3.

Having a 2-4 record in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference, the Builders finished fifth place. Bethany College, McPherson College, Tabor College, and Friends University are the four teams that are on top of the Builders.

On the other hand, the Lady Builders ended up being six place with a 1-5 record.

The Builders finished the season with an overall record of 3-12. The Lady Builders ended with a 7-8 overall record.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.