The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics Indoor Track and Field Championships take place March 1-3 in Geneva, Ohio. Mike Kirkland, head women’s track and field coach, said, “Our approach anytime that we have athletes is a team goal, as well as individuals to go and perform at our highest level.”

Rhea Rollins, physical performance junior, is the only Lady Builder participating in an event at the meet. Rollins, from Kansas City, Mo., will be competing in the 60 meter hurdles. She is currently ranked 18th in the NAIA. Her season best time is 9.14 seconds and she is on her way to having the top time in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference as well as setting a school record on the process. Rollins will start her event March 1 at 1 p.m.

“We have the biggest meet of the year, and an opportunity to compete against the best in the NAIA,” said Kirkland.

In the men’s events, there are nine Builders representing. Colton Siler, psychology senior, will be competing in the 60 meter dash. Colton McNinch, biology sophomore, will compete in the 5000 meter run. Chris Copeland, psychology senior, and Darnell Pittman, business administration senior, represent the Builders in the 600 meter run. Kevin Rodgers, physical performance senior, qualified in the long jump event.

Four Builders got a ticket to nationals in the distance medley relay. Sam McDaniel, business administration sophomore, Chandler Kirkhart, business administration senior, Frank Adelman, biology junior, and Pitman are representing the Builders.

Siler competes March 2 at 1:50 p.m. McNinch is starting his race at the meet at 3:10 p.m. on March 3. Copeland and Pittman will appear at 1:10 p.m. on March 3. Rodgers starts his performance at 5 p.m. on March 2. The distance medley relay team will begin their race on March 3 at 3:50 p.m.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.