By Garrett Chapman

Cameron Clark, junior forward, led the Builders to a 76-56 triumph over Sterling. With this victory, the Builders improve to 7-4 in conference play.

Clark managed a double-double with 27 points and 11 rebounds.  He was present everywhere on the court with three buckets coming from three point range, 24 points from the field and two from the foul line. Eight of Clarks rebounds came on the defensive side of the ball.

“We were able to get a 20 point win because we focused more as a team and came out with energy. It makes it easier when we trust each other more,” said Clark.

The builders used their trust to spread the ball around and rack up 14 assist. Landers Riddle, senior forward and Chris Waller, junior guard, both had four assists.

Holding Sterling to 56 points was a group effort. Sterling only had five offensive rebounds and shot a low 36 percent from the field.

“We did well to crash the defensive glass. This led to the high energy we had on the defensive side of the court,” said Luke Nespor, sophomore center.

Rounding up the teams seventh conference win Wednesday night, the Builders sit in fifth place in the KCAC. With the second half of the season still to play, the Builders are one a game and a half behind first place Friends (8-2).

“At this point in the season I feel like everyone on the team has been locked in and ready to go. Whether it’s practice, film, or a game we all give it our best effort,” said Joshua Howard, sophomore forward.

The Builders will be on the road next as they match up against sixth placed Ottawa (4-7) at 5 p.m. Jan. 31.

Garrett Chapman is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may email him at Garrett.Chapman@sckans.edu.