By Kylie Stamper
Social Media Editor

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and what better way to prepare for the lovey-dovey holiday than getting a visit from Cupid?

STUFU is hosting a campus-wide game of Shot by Cupid during the week leading up to Valentine’s Day to spread the love to those who are single, in a relationship, or maybe don’t know what they’re in.

Shot by Cupid can be compared to the Humans vs. Zombies game hosted by the Psychology department in the fall and the Water Assassins game last spring. Anjaih Clemons, director or campus life, said, “It’s a game for Valentine’s Day for those who maybe don’t get to celebrate Valentine’s Day or those who view it as a bad holiday. We just wanted to get everyone on campus involved for Valentine’s Day with some fun gifts and things.”

In order to play, students must complete a registration packet. Packets are available in the Campus Life office on the lower level of the student center and they require information like a student’s name, year classification, food allergies, etc. After filling out the packet, students will return it to the Campus Life office and members of STUFU will pair each student with another. Each participant will then receive a gift (food, small gifts, and other Valentine-themed items) which they will have to give to their assigned person in a creative and unique way.

“It’s something new, something different,” said Clemons, “I think it will go well. We always want to try to host events that are fun, that are different, maybe something that we’ve never done before or that we haven’t done in quite some time. We try to find ways to not only reinvent ourselves but to build a community on our campus. I think we’ll have a good number of students participate, fingers crossed.”

Registration is open until Wednesday, Feb. 3. Students will pick up their gifts starting Monday, Feb. 8 and will continue to deliver the gifts until Friday, Feb. 12, just in time for Valentine’s Day.

Kylie Stamper is a junior majoring in communication. You can email her at kylie.stamper@sckans.edu