By Dalton Carver

Most would traditionally associate the game of Bingo with older generations. Student Foundation seems to be holding a different belief, as the annual Christmas bingo game will be take place Monday in the cafeteria at the Roy L. Smith Student Center.

In the traditional holiday spirit, gifts will be involved in the festivities. However, there won’t be jolly man in a red suit just giving them away. It won’t be easy to walk away with one of the prizes that the Student Foundation purchases for the event.

“Christmas Bingo is just a tradition,” said Morgan Constantine, Student Foundation president. “It’s a great chance to give away sweet prizes.”

Prizes in the past have included 32” televisions, Xbox 360s, Wiis, bikes, movies, games and finals packages. However, this year’s prizes are currently unknown. “We haven’t really gone shopping for all of the prizes yet,” said Constantine.

Although Bingo may seem like an interesting game to take place at Christmas time, the event has happened for several years. “I’ve been involved in Student Foundation for about three years,” said Constantine. “They’ve been doing Christmas Bingo since before my freshman year.”

Another stereotype that is held with bingo is that it normally has a fairly sparse attendance. However, that’s not the case when Student Foundation runs the show. “Besides movie night, this is one of our largest events,” said Constantine. “People pull in chairs from the Java Jinx just to have a seat.”

Despite the large attendance, everyone has a chance to win a little something. Maybe if you’re a lucky winner, you won’t even have to write Santa for that must-have gift. Christmas Bingo is just one of several holiday events put on by Student Foundation.

Dalton Carver is a freshman majoring in communication. You can email him at dalton.carver@sckans.edu.