By Thomas Noble
Staff Reporter

If you are interested in acting you may want to concede auditioning for the two plays, “The Miser” and “August Osage County.” The play auditions will be on Aug. 27 and Aug.28 at 6:30 p.m. at the Richardson Preforming Arts Center. The two plays have a total of 25 parts, 15 for men and 10 for women with recall auditions on Aug.29.

To audition, a student will have 1:30 seconds to perform a scene or monologue for either play or both. Students will be auditioning for both plays.

The two plays are both about dysfunctional families, but while “The Miser” is classical comedy, “August Osage County” is a brutal and intense drama.

Students will begin practice on Aug. 30 for “The Miser” and Aug. 31 for “August Osage County.” Rehearsals are every night, normally from 6:30-10 p.m.
“The Miser” will premiere at homecoming and “August Osage County” will premiere in November.

Alyson Moon, Associate Professor of Theatre and Speech and director of “The Miser” said, “The Miser is a comedy. It is a comedy of manners. It was written at a time in which there were very strict rules, so comedy of manners makes fun of these rules.”

When asked about August Osage County, Rodger Moon, Associate Professor of Theatre and Speech and director of the play said, “It is a major, major family drama. It’s brutal just brutal. If people know “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf” this show is worse, because that show is about what two people do to each other. This show is about what people do to their children.”

Helping with auditions is the manager for “August Osage County”, Shane Shrog, theater arts sophomore. Shrog said,”Is a very phenomenal show. It’s really deep. I am really excited to be a part of it.”

Thomas Noble is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at thomas.noble@sckans.edu