By Lenita Krejci

It’s Saturday night. The cafeteria’s closed. You’re hungry with some cash in your wallet. Question is, where are you going to go?  You waste time driving around, waiting for a place to catch your eye to decide where to dine.

Here is some advice from students who share their opinions  about the best places to eat in Winfield.

“The Harbor, I love their spicy fried pickles,” said John Crosser, theatre senior.  Crosser also highly recommends The Harbor because of their reasonable prices, with meals at $8 and under.

The Harbor is located at 2020 E. Ninth Ave. where the old Pizza Hut use to be.  Their hours are Monday through Saturday 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sundays 12 noon to 7 p.m.

The Harbor is carryout only and does not take debit or credit cards. For more information call (620) 229-8222.
Jessica Trout, theatre freshman, recommends Burger Station. She enjoys the atmosphere. “It’s like a tiny diner with standing room only. You just get your food and you go,” said Trout.

Burger Station is located at 113 E. Seventh Ave. They are open Monday through Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. providing carry out only. For more information call (620) 221-9773.

El Maguey is another popular place to go. Both Will Rosson, music education junior, and Adam Sharp, agree. Sharp said, “I think they have great food and a very warm and relaxing atmosphere.”

Marilyn Craft, elementary education senior said, “They have delicious food and good service at a pretty cheap price.”
El Maguey is located at 1515 E. Ninth Ave. They are open 7 days a week, Monday through Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Sunday 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information call (620) 221-4940.

And for those who don’t have a full wallet, there is this advice.

Amelia Lutz, radio and television senior, said, “I love Sonic’s cheap dollar menu.  I dig the chicken strip sandwich.”
Sonic is located at 1921 Main St. and serves Sunday through Thursday 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Friday and Saturday 6 a.m. to 12 midnight. For more information call (620) 221-9876.

Eating is basic. That doesn’t mean that it has to be boring, so explore you options.

Lenita Krejci is a senior majoring in speech and theatre education and musical theatre production.  You may e-mail her at lenita.krejci@sckans.edu.