By Morgan Givney

Students supported the Lady Builders during an intense game against Saint Mary at Stewart Field House. (Angel Vadillo/ File Photo)

It’s one and done here on out for the Lady Builder basketball team. They begin playoffs facing McPherson Friday at 7 p.m. in Stewart Field House.

With Championship Monday rapidly approaching post Jana Reichenberger, freshman forward, expects encouragement from the student section to help the team reach their goals. “I expect them to be loud as always, and for them to give positive encouragement,” said Reichenberger.

Nicholas Qualls, sports management senior, is a regular member of the student section and realizes the importance of crowd participation in Thursday’s big game.

“The crowd can swing momentum and can get into the other teams head, maybe helping our team win. Another cool thing is having teams coming in knowing that they will have to beat the team and the crowd,” said Qualls.

Cheerleader Kaylee George, biology freshman, acknowledges the importance of crowd involvement in games. “The crowd has the opportunity to really help the team out. I expect them to join in with us, to interact, and to help us get the team into the game,” said George.

The student section has played an important role this season in helping out the team during critical games. Reichenberger recalls the Friends game as a time when the student section really motivated the team. “The crowd was so into the game and it was a big rival. They really helped us fuel up for the game and gave us energy,” said Reichenberger.

“It’s a fun experience to go to the games, root for the team, and show school spirit. I also like going and heckling with the other team and giving the other players and coaches a hard time,” said Qualls.

“The participation from the student section involves the team and gives us confidence. It really helps when they do defense cheers and are really loud. During Thursday’s game I hope they cheer as loud as they can. These games here on out are really big,” said Reichenberger.

The student section has a twitter account you can follow to keep updated on the happenings and excitement of the games. Follow @SC_Stud_Section to get involved and stay informed.

Morgan Givney is a junior majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at morgan.givney@sckans.edu.