By Hanna House and Dalton Carver
Staff reporters

The most stressful time of the year is upon college students. As summer creeps up, there is one more major obstacle for students to overcome before summer: finals week. As students cram to learn all they can, STUFU, RES life, and SGA host a block party to offer a time of fun between study sessions.

A mechanical bull, rock climbing wall, trailer full of video games, and a couple other inflatable activities scattered the lawn by the library ready for students to release built up stress.

“It’s just like a little break from the stresses of getting ready for finals and everything,” said Brandon Hessing, assistant director of campus life.

A good break it was. Hessing was hoping for around 150 to 200 people to come out and enjoy the festivities.

“About a month ago we decided what we wanted to order and what was in our budget,” said Cori Hunt, business management senior.

Making sure that SC students are well taken care of seems to be at the top of Southwestern’s priority list. For about three years now, these groups have teamed together to try and make finals as stress-free as possible.

Hanna House is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email her at hanna.house@sckans.cdu.

Dalton Carver is a junior majoring in communication. You may email him at dalton.carver@sckans.edu or tweet him @dalty_james.