Student Government Association met at 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 8 for their weekly meeting.

During senator announcements, Jordy Train, president, made a motion for the Big Brother Big Sister Bowl for Kids’ Sake to become an SGA sponsored event. The motion was carried.

Senator Erin Morton, Student Foundation, said, “We are working on SC Christmas currently and also the St. Jude’s Walk on Nov. 19.”

The publicity and recruitment committee reported that the new SGA shirt design was ready to be ordered.

Jessica McIver, conduct advisor, said, “I am going over the survey results, and we will decide what to do in order to improve wireless connection on campus as soon as I am done with the results.”

The amendment committee met last week to look over Article V of the constitution regarding the executive branch and qualifications of SGA officers.

Senator Carter-House said, “I don’t understand the grants awarded to the SGA officers as stated in the constitution.”

Lai-l Clemons, director of campus life, explained the grants awarded to officers. “It is like a work study hour which they are being paid for. Most leadership positions on campus are given grants in a way of payment and thanks,” Clemons said.

The meeting was adjourned at 6 p.m. after the open period when Clemons reminded SGA members that SC Christmas is coming up, and campus organizations are encouraged to participate.

The next SGA meeting will be at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 15 in Pounds Lounge.

Alyssa Richardson is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at alyssa.richardson@sckans.edu.