By Amber Hart

SC Christmas is a time for students to get involved and have a good a time with friends before leaving on Christmas break.

“SC Christmas is a tradition that began in 2005,” said Brandon Hessing, assistant director of campus life and coordinator of student foundation.

Every year they have a different theme. Last year the theme was “The 12 Days of Christmas.”

“Each day had a new and different activity,” said Kevin Rodgers, physical performance senior. “It was very fun.”

This year the theme is “How the Jinx Stole Christmas.” The event is one week long starting with the Movie Night on Wednesday, Nov. 30. Each night there will be a different activity. Some of the activities that follow are karaoke, Secret Santa, a scavenger hunt, bingo, and a Christmas tree lighting ceremony that will take place in Deets Library.

To come up with the different ideas for this event, the executives hold a meeting at the beginning of the year.

“At the meeting, we vote on the ideas that we like and the ones that we don’t like,” said Rodgers.

Each year the activities change. They add more or take some away, but they are always guaranteed to be fun.

The participation in the events varies depending on the event.

“The turn out for the event seems to stay the same as a whole,” said Morgan Constantine, digital arts senior.

There are many ways to get the information out about an event or activity. For the SC Christmas event Student Foundation members make flyers, posters, spreading the word, and posting in the Jinx Tale daily.

“In the past we made an event on Facebook inviting friends from the college,” said Constantine.

The event runs from Nov. 30 to Dec. 9.

Amber Hart is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at Amber.Hart@sckans.edu.