Kaley Rodriguez, junior defensive specialist, serves the ball during the first set against Sterling College Tuesday night in Stewart Field House. The team fell to the Lady Warriors 25-19, 26-24, 20-25, 27-25. (Clinton Dick/Collegian photographer)

By Erik Johnson

The Lady Builders fell to the Lady Crusaders in four sets Tuesday night. The Lady Builders would not go out without a fight. They exploded in the third set with a 20-15 lead and ended up winning the set. Sterling put the fighting Lady Builders away in the fourth set 27-25.

“Even though there was a bunch of questionable calls and plays I’m proud of my team coming back, playing hard and fighting to the end,” said Donnie Wallace, head volleyball coach.

Kindell Copeland, senior setter, said “It’s a tough loss but we battled hard. We played hard and gave a great effort to get the win. We have to get back on track and get some more wins.”

With the loss the Lady Builders record drops to 3-16 and 1-8 in Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference play. There next opponent is Bethany College. Bethany has a 1-15 record and 0-8 in the conference. Wallace said, “This game should get us back on track. It should be a morale win.”

Kaley Rodriguez, junior defensive specialist, said, “We can’t take them lightly no matter how bad they’re record is. We have to go in play hard like any normal game and get the win.” The game against Bethany is at home Oct. 6.

Erik Johnson is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at erik.johnson@sckans.edu